My client required a real-time scoreboard platform for a volleyball competition. The scoreboard, timer and buzzer were required to be synchronized across several devices in real-time. The web app development had been started and I was required to finish it off.
I implemented the following functionality:
- CRUD REST api for matches, teams and courts.
- Deployed and maintained linux server.
- NTP-like server-browser clock synchronization library.
- Cross-device real-time timer functionality.
- Cross-device real-time buzzer functionality.
- Cross-device real-time scoring system.
- Some style changes for responsivity.
The code was successfully used intensively for several weeks in a large national volleyball competition involving thousands of games.